Sunday 22 November 2015

Trophee Bompard- Men

Shoma Uno won the short program, and it's still not clear if this will be the final result, but I have a feeling it will, or you would hope they would have said something by now. I really like him, as most people reading this blog will know. I would like to fix his extension on his landing, but that might just be the only thing I would fix in his skating. I really like his programs, and I love the way he skates.


Maxim Kovtun benefited as well from just skating the short, because he tends to be more successful in the short than the free. I'm not such a fan of Kovtun, the Russian style is really not my thing, and his technical elements are not nearly good enough to make up for the lack of skating skills, transitions, and choreography.


Daisuke Murakami will probably be fighting Shoma Uno for the second spot at worlds (we all know the first will be going to Yuzuru Hanyu). He also skated well, and I like him a lot. He's not quite as consistent as Shoma Uno, but he's definitely one of the best Japanese men.


Denis Ten has been a hot mess. Not that that's anything new. He's usually a hot mess for most of the season. He's not nearly as bad in the short as the free, so like Uno and Kovtun, and Murakami to an extent, he did benefit a little from not skating the free.


Patrick Chan definitely did not benefit from just skating the short. He got nothing from the combo in the short, he did a double double combo. The triple axel also got a negative GOE, and so he was left in 5th and didn't have any chance to make a recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment