Saturday 15 August 2015

Thornhill Summer Skate: Up and Coming Young Skaters- Juvenile Dance


To be honest, I was a little underwhelmed by the juvenile dancers. They seemed awfully old to be competing at this level, and the dancers were overall fine, but not great.

I didn't end up watching their freedances, as the novice men were skating at the same time, and they were much more exciting to watch.

The juvenile pattern dances were the Willow Waltz and the Kietz Foxtrot.

Both of those dances seem a little easy (low level) for the age of some of the ice dancers. Some of them looked around 15, which, to put this in perspective, I did the Willow at 11, and I was by no means a competitive ice dancer.

That being said, I had slightly higher expectations of them with their age. They were a little bit disappointment.

Their hold and posture were not as good as I had expected. Maybe my expectations were too high, but they didn't meet or exceed my expectations, like the novice men have.

Most were stiff in the knees and a little scratchy. There was also far too much toe pushing for my liking.

Overall, they were okay, but not nearly as good as I had anticipated.


No comments:

Post a Comment